Wednesday, December 28, 2016

You Are Not Okay

Hey. It's me.
We haven't talked in a while.
I feel like you're ignoring me.
And that's not okay.

Remember when we were close? When we used to talk in the trees behind the neighborhood, just you and I? I swear in those moments there was never a Back Then or Years From Now.

But you've set on and left.

I am watching.
Your zipped and toothless smile, fake
happy eye stones glazed over
A fleeting moment, scurrying away
to A While --
Where the heartbreak beats
Once in...
I see you.

You can fool them,
these people who don't know you. At least...
They don't know you like I do.
My bones own your etched secrets. My skin knows
what you see in your nude reflection.

You shaky soul, fizzing in bottle's neck.
Spinning wheel and no traction.
You golden heart
painting crooked colors.
The unbecoming rage and violence,
flaw and unfit and pandemonium.
I feel you.

And I know you. And you
are not okay.
Take it from me. I'm telling you
that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment